Yes, I've found the secret!
Well, to be honest it's really no big secret... It's just something important that I just somehow forgot about.
I remember that I usually go around telling people "Have Fun!", whenever I hear them tell me they are going to do something. Especially when they are about to do something tough or tedious. I think the original intentions were kind of lost, and it became kinda of a funny thing or mockery kinda of thing.
But now that I think about it, there is actually a great significant meaning behind just these 2 simple words! Who would have thought?!
Anyway, the simple great important secret I've learnt about life in general, is that in order to have happiness and to feel motivated, we MUST have fun in EVERYTHING that we do! Always! Otherwise we will not have the motivation to carry on, and will give up easily.
It's really simple like crazy, but you will be surprised how many people are unable to do this simple feat. I personally used to live by this rule, but somewhere along the line recently, I lost sight or my core values and motivation, and somehow fell off really far from my desired position. Perhaps it's quite abstract and hard to imagine, but I really wanted to just give up and quit at one point in time. And suicide, that was never supposed to be an option, seemed that much more possible. Scary!!!
How did I regain my 'sight'? Well, I had a little free time this weekend due to me having completed most of my projects that were due last week. (More due the next couple of weeks though..) So, I decided to take some time off and slack around a little. Spent some time doing some soul-searching too. At the same I was trying to decide whether I should switch streams for my studies because they are offering this option for us now.
So, I talked to my "senior", who is in year two. Ok, although technically she is my "senior", we are actually the same age, in fact I am older if you count the months, but that's not really important. Aside from getting more details about the different streams, I realised something important. Why is she always so happy and jolly!? I mean, all this stress of exams and projects are slaughtering me already! Shouldn't it be worse for a Year 2 student? This little fact kind of got me intrigued, so I really pondered on it for some time.
Anyway, long story cut short, I found that THE ANSWER is simply to be more cheerful and jovial. And most importantly, to Have Fun in whatever you do. Every little thing, because LIFE IS FUN! There is no reason to live otherwise, seriously. Why always be so gloomy and serious about stuffs? Cheer up and turn that frown upside down! Have fun studying, programming, socialising, reading, doing projects, doing anything! And you are bound to excel in everything you do, simply because you enjoy it!
Wow, mega long post! I tend to get carried away when I am describing new discoveries. Lol. Anyway, it seems I still have my Observer analytical skills, but a new found motivation. A core, strengthened by Fun, Joy, Love & Laughter! There is no way I can be beaten now! The Observer is truly back in full power. Watch out world, your master is here! RAWR!!
On a side note, went shopping with family today. Spent hours standing and walking around, but I don't really complain coz I can take it. (Ladies take note, lol)
More importantly, bought a couple of new shirts and my Brand Spanking New CEO-Grade executive Chair! Synthetic leather, but still really comfy and relaxing. Now I can enjoy sitting at my table!
Anyway, that's really it for today. Until next time, remember: "HAVE FUN!!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment