My name is The Observer, and I'm back!
I'm not sure what the weakling side of me was thinking, but I assure you that the things he said are of insignificant value. For now I am back, the ruthless super power intellect that is the creator of this Observatory!!
Noooooo!!
Evil man, you shall not prevail!!! Not while I am still here!
**insert: sword fighting sounds, followed by scream of agony**
Sorry guys, there are a few sides to my personality. That was one of them. The "Dark Side" if you wanna call it that, was developed when I was in upper secondary to JC. I'm not exactly sure how he came about. I guess it was in part due to my lack of friends and a social experience that created him. But I didn't choose it on purpose. It was the complicated circumstances that gave birth to Mr Dark. Ok, guess that still makes it my fault, but I was just an innocent teen who knew nothing back then.
Mr Dark is a very powerful force. He has the ability to be very focused in work, and channel all available time into work and nothing else. The downside? Is that he is ultra anti-social, and feeds of anti-social behaviours. I would like to have some of that awesome intellect, but I am not willing to continue to forgo my chances of obtaining happiness.
So who am I? It's Mr Smiley here. Sometimes know as Mr Slacker due to being one of the founding members of the Slaxist society. (A society that is too lazy to even register its members or organisation name!) Nono, do not misinterpret me for a stupid or lousy student. I slack, but I still get my work done in the end, somehow. Usually last minute though. And still somehow still make it through the exams through raw talent and skill alone.
Actually to be precise, Mr Smiley has evolved into something slightly different from Mr Slacker already. I am now more towards the jolly and happy mood type, while trying to incorporate some of that focused power that Mr Dark is capable of. All this while trying to un-learn, and re-learn some social skills. All this, while I have lots of school work to do, and so little sleep. Mr Smiley hasn't been too smiley these few days. : (
Still, why not just give in to Mr Dark? After all, he has been the best solution for the several crucial years in my educational career. But what is success? Attaining all those shiny results? That super piece of paper that is the first-class honors? Or one can argue that happiness is the ultimate success. Leading a balanced and happy lifestyle, and then getting some level of academic results. Doesn't that sound better?
Mr Smiley really needs some good motivation right now. Unlike Mr Dark, I need some sorts of motivation to succeed to the same standards. Hopefully Ms Smiley / Ms Slacker will come along and one day read this blog post. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment