Thursday, October 7, 2010

A few new discoveries

I think that somehow I have diverted from my original intention of creating this blog. The observatory is meant to be providing a critical analysis, or at least a different view of the world. At the very least, it is supposed to show my personal view of the world from an Observer's standpoint. Yes, the previous post kind of deviated from this, but I must say that my blogging style is an anything-goes style, and I like the flexibility. I cannot, and I will not guarantee that such crazy posts will not occur again. In fact I rather enjoy the random fun and crazy posts here and there. It really helps de-stress.

Anyway, on to the main topic. Actually there isn't one, but I have made a couple of discoveries today. One of the things is that I can actually utilise my outrageously long travelling times to and from school by bringing along my laptop and working in the train! Amazing discovery eh? I just can't believe I didn't think about it before. It could be partly due to the fact that I'm kind of lazy to bring along my 2kg+ laptop everyday... But I will now rethink this, because I now have the option to make up for lost productivity, and utilise wasted time.

On the same note, I realised that working outside on laptop seems to yield better results for me. At least while disconnected from the Internet. It leads to literally 0 distractions, and 110% focused work. Which is a really awesome discovery, because now I know how to discipline myself to get that rush of hard work. It also means something weird. It means that I'd rather work on a portable laptop and not my 22" desktop computer. Bad for my eyes, but good for my performance. Such a dilemma...

The next discovery comes from me spying on my friend's tweets on twitter... Yes, spying on others is all part and parcel of being The Observer, hehe. *cough cough*Er Hmm.
Yes as I was saying, I realised something potentially devastating, but is actually a social norm. The fact of the matter is that males HAVE to be successful in life. They just have to be the best they can be, in terms of career, relationships, school, work, etc. Then NEED to try the hardest they can if they want to lead a satisfying life. Females on the other hand (no offense intended, this is an unbiased observation), can choose to marry a rich man. That man who slogged his life to get rich (or simply inherited from his slogger dad), will marry the girl, and she will get to enjoy his wealth.

Do not misunderstand me, I am not viewing this in a negative way. I am simply observing it from an impartial view, that such a fact does exist. In fact, I am perfectly fine with such an arrangement, provided both parties know what they are getting into. For example, if I am that rich guy, I would marry a girl I love, if I know she loves me too. I wouldn't even consider the fact of having to share my wealth, etc etc. Coz that's what matters most in the end right? Just gotta lead a happy and fulfilling life while you can, nothing else really matters.

The last thing I found out today, is that I complain waaaaaay toooooo much! I think I have previously mentioned that I took a 2 year hiatus, resulting in my decreased performance in my academic strength. Well, I was at that time still really pissed off, because that 2 years thing is mandatory, and I simply wasted those 2 years doing nothing. But now I realise that it is entirely my fault for not keeping practise during that period of time. After all, most people have the same situation as me, it's what u make of it. The even more important conclusion of this is a simple phrase "stop bitching and start studying!", a modified version of something I heard. And how true this statement is. There really is no time to regret the past, just learn the mistakes u have made and move on. Too frequently have I fallen into this trap. It's time I should move on ahead. If not for anything, at least for my aim of becoming that rich guy that marries that girl he loves. For my happy ending.

Too simplistic a view? I think not. Sometimes we will finally realise that the best possible solution we had, was the easiest and simplest solution. And today, I finally made that discovery. So here's me making this new start, moving on to the next chapter of my life. If anyone is reading this, I suggest you take this advice as well, you will really appreciate how simple life can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment