Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I got nothing :(

Well, I've got a couple of thoughts to discuss today.
Not that anyone's reading. I'm just putting it out here so I can reflect upon it as and when I want to. Blogging is such a useful tool. Even though nobody reads it. Sometimes we just need a place to talk to ourselves without having people call us crazy. I think Blogging is a perfect outlet for that.

While we are on the topic of browsing, I forgot to mention in my come-back post that for some reason, my friend changed her Blog address. Yes, the same friend who inspired me to start this blogging thing in the first place. As an Observer, that's rather sad for me because I no longer get a more in depth view into her thoughts and daily activities (hey, it's Observing, not Stalking ok!). Although the final post at the previous blog says "Ask me for new link", there is practically no way for me to ask outright. I mean come on... Imagine the scenario:
Me: "Hey what's your new blog address?"
Friend: "Oh it's xyz123.com, what's your blog address?"
Me: *oh crap*
Yeah.... An anonymous blog is quite as anonymous if someone knows your identity. Recently, I have been thinking about starting a public blog as well. If this is a place for more emo and deeper reflections, that could be the happier and more jovial side of things. Basically the side I can present to public proudly.... Still just a thought though. I haven't committed myself to setting it up yet. Managing 2 blogs is quite alot of work. I'll have to see how it goes.

Whoops, I spent too much time on that small thought. The main topic of sorts, though not exactly, is what I wrote in the title. I realised that quite a number of people have a special talent. Or something they are good in / proud of. And then I realised I can't really find one in me. At leas not one that I am super proud of.... Like the thing I'm most proud of is my Brains. I feel like I have an above average intelligence, but I can just seem so stupid at times! To make matters worse, I'm currently in a so called elite university now, and every tom dick and harry around me is intelligent to some degree. Some of them frighteningly so. I'll give an example. I just saw some people on TV with some wicked yo-yo playing skillz. Then there are some people are into extreme sports, or just the sporty sort. They have something to be proud of. Me? I do many things, but don't particularly excel at any of them. I kind of fall into the Jack of Many trades, but master of none. I say Many coz there are seriously lots of things I can't do. Sports for example.

Jeez, I seriously need to stop thinking like this. It's way too demoralizing. That's the reason why I'm working on my main strengths now right? Train my brain power, while not letting my physical fitness slack off too much. Oh yes, I guess I'm kinda good in programming. In the sense that I pick up and understand programming languages quickly. But that's mostly an interest, and can't be counted too much as a Strength, because I failed both my practical exams. Hey, I'll pick everything back right up next semester ok! Don't dwell on such things now.

Argh. I sense internal conflict between my split personalities. Best to end this though here.

The last topic is nothing much really. It's just me and not getting the whole K-Pop thing. I mean seriously. I don't get what all the craze is about! Call me old, or simply outdated, I don't really care for all those Korean nonsense if my friend wasn't so interested in them. I confess, I am more of a J-Pop person than a K-Pop fan. But it's really not that simple. I'll give a brief history of me and the J-pop / K-pop thing.

Basically I was into the whole Anime + J-Pop craze way before it became mainstream. Way before everyone started catching on. I would be watching anime, and listening to Japanese music coz I found it awesome and different from anything I currently heard of. Then after some time, it became really really popular, and I stopped my J-pop thing. So I was sort of on an indefinite hiatus from it all. Then came along the whole K-pop thing. It seemed to have come from nowhere, and apparently to me seem like a total rip-off from J-Pop. I mean look at the similarities! Nonetheless, it became mainstream, and naturally I hated it. Not just because it is mainstream. But because they totally stole the idea from the Japanese. And the Japanese / J-pop thing was something I was quite close with for some time. I feel cheated!




Do As Infinity. One of my ultimate most favorite bands of all time. See how good they are, even live!
You can watch the rest of the concert uploaded by this guy on youtube. It's spectacular.

Ok all this J-Pop vs K-pop thing is getting tiring. I guess people will still continue to like what they see. Pfft, such superficial beings. Oh well, I guess I'll have to get in on the K-pop thing here and there once in awhile in order to have some friends. :(


Until next time, this is The Observer saying Good Night!
お休みなさい!

No comments:

Post a Comment