I really got not much to post about today, however I still feel I should put something up on a regular basis, so you get this! :P
Nah I'm kidding, it's not a one-liner post. When have you known me to post anything short of a full page post! lol. I do have 3 things I would like to discuss about today. The first one is regarding what I said about a quest to attain perfection, and the other is the dilemma of money vs friendship.
Whenever someone mentions "Perfection" of wanting to attain it, there seems to be an automatic barrage of hate and criticism fired his way. Some people are rather sensitive to the word, so I thought I better clarify what I said, even though I haven't received any of the hate yet. Many people tell you that it isn't right to be obsessed with perfection, and that is true. One should not be too obsessed about it. However, that does not mean we should not strive to achieve it. Being obsessed about it and striving to achieve it is two very different things. In my opinion, being obsessed about it is really just thinking too much about it, lusting for it, or constantly dreaming of it but not taking any action or insufficient effort. Whereas the perfection I'm referring to is actually not the end result, but focuses more on the process. The journey to perfection if you will. Because the journey is just as important if not even more important than the destination. In simple terms, it's what we do today, the efforts we put in constantly, the making of mistakes; correcting them and moving on, it's that process that eventually leads to our own version of perfection.
And to the critics or "experts" who still continue ranting on about how we shouldn't be obsessed with attaining perfection, screw you! If mankind does not continue to invent, innovate and perfect it's practices and improve what it does, we would have been spiralling into extinction long ago! I mean, think about it. How are we the only dominant species that has stayed on top of the food chain for so long?
Ok, I think I got a little carried away. It happens when I talk about things I'm passionate about. Lastly, I just wanna talk about the dilemma I've been having recently. Basically I just started playing a game, and then my friend started playing a different game, but I already paid money for mine. So if I were to accompany my friend, it would mean abandoning all my efforts I put in the past few days, and the money I already spent to create that account. :(
To be exact, it's the same game, but we are playing on different servers, so it's not possible to communicate or play together. An option would be for either one of us to start up a brand new account in the other server, but it takes a heck load of effort. I don't particularly mind being the one to sacrifice, but it's not gonna be easy. And then there's the money being burnt. Aw man...
Regardless, I guess I'm still gonna do it. Best to do a compromise. I shall play both! Splitting my time between the 2 servers in half. This way I don't waste the effort, while keeping my friend company. Best of both worlds? Probably. Can't see another solution, since my friend most likely wouldn't start a new account.
Whatever, guess I'll end off here. Bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment