No man is an island
- John Donne
I guess the title is rather ambiguous, ad this post should really be counted as Motivation Part 3. IT is the last part to my 3 part series regarding motivation.
Basically as The Observer, I was very curious of my theories on motivation and me achieving my goals. So I decided to do a little experiment to test if it really works out. Let's recap some of the important factors shall we? Firstly, I discussed that the main driving force of motivation is for me to have a companion. Next, remember me mentioning the problem I had with me and my friend playing the same game, but on different servers? I decided to put the 2 things together to see if it worked out. 1+1=2 right?
And wow did it work like a charm! Hence the title.
The results were fantastic. What happened really went beyond my expectations. The game is an mmorpg game, so there is the typical 'levels system' which typically require tons of grinding to advance. I had manged to achieve an even higher level than what took me a year to achieve previously, within a short span of 3 days. Simply amazing. Now I am really looking forward to starting school again. If I can transition the same effect from gamin into my studies, imagine the results I can attain! So excited! :D
Meanwhile, I would like to just discuss a song I've been listening to recently, that just got stuck in my head:
I wanted to use the original music video, but they disabled embedding.... :(
What's really funny about this song is the lyrics. It's so ironic.
I mean, the song starts off like this:
One song about a girl
Can't breathe when I'm around her
I'll wait here everyday
Then the chorus goes on like this:
I'm not in love
This is not my heart
I'm not gonna waste these words
About a girl
Get it?
The irony of it is part about not wasting these words about a girl, when literally the whole song is about a girl. Hence, the meaning is actually the reverse. That means, he is in love and the song is all about a girl. Funny lyrics, but the tune of the song is so catchy that it's been stuck in my head for so many days. :/
And so this concludes my 3 part post on the discussion of motivation! My advice, is to find your greatest source of motivation, and embrace it to achieve all your goals in life. The search for motivation is a tough one, but the results are so rewarding.
Good Luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment