O-M-G!
The results were release recently, and pee-ew doesn't it stink bad. A whole bunch of Bs and Cs, and the total cumulative point score suck balls, clocking only 60%. Guess I'm not the marketing genius I thought I was. At least I'm not good with the theory. I do still believe I have some raw untapped talent there. But it was a competitive course, and I was pushed down to a C as a result.
This sucks!
But why would you care? Why would anyone care?
I read this in a horoscope once (god, I can't believe I'm reduced to quoting horoscopes), I can't remember the exact words, but the gist of the meaning is: don't keep complaining to others, they don't usually care. While the accuracy of the horoscope for that day was totally unimportant to me, the sentence stuck in my head for quite long.
It makes sense right? Humans are a narcissistic species, and most people only care about themselves or what benefits them most. Nobody gives a fucking damn (excuse the language) about what the fuck you are feeling, as long as they go on and continue to lead they happy jolly little lives. It's every man for himself. It's sounds tough, but that's the sad truth of the world. It's survival of the fittest, and that's all it is. It may be packaged in a nice way, converted up and sweetened into various flavours and different packages. But when it's all torn out, and stripped bare, that's what you get. It's as simple as that, and I can't believe I forgot that.
Now I remember.
And don't even start asking me about the so called "selfless" and caring people. The social workers and volunteers, the people who actively donate to the needy, the very religious people. Like I said, it's all for selfish reasons. These people are just Self-righteous. They either do what they do because there is some benefits for them in the end, or because it "makes them feel good". The second of which is a rather common explanation. How is this selfish? Well, the action is indeed "selfless" and all, but the reasons and motivation behind it all is a selfish one, they do it for their sake rather than for the person in need, otherwise you can safely conclude they are not doing it willingly. Hence, either way they are just as selfish.
It's the selfish and narcissistic nature of humans.
But it's not necessarily wrong... It's only natural. But it is the sad truth, and I'm rather upset to learn (or rather re-learn) that humanity is this way.
Upsetting, sure. But nonetheless, it's a necessary truth to know. Not exactly the perfect motto to live by, but simply to acknowledge as a fact and thus act accordingly. Or engineer your actions such that they all benefit you, either short or long term. Basically, don't be a "selfless" moron.
But more useful is: don't fucking complain about things! nobody wants to heard your whining already.
So why am I typing this? Well, I'm just talking to myself right? You can choose to read it or not.
-_-"
No comments:
Post a Comment