Monday, February 21, 2011

This changes Everything Forever

If you've never read my blog before, I post alot of stuff last year:
http://my-observatory.blogspot.com/2011/01/re-inactivity-and-back-to-school.html

about how I looked forward to starting the new semester, and hopefully become more motivated. Having a study partner, and a close friend to talk to. Now that she has a boyfriend, that changes everything!

Now I'm just left feeling empty. Hollow on the inside. It totally tore me apart to be honest. Even though I try to put up a brave front, deep down I know nothing will ever be the same again. When I think of her, my heart will ache, and then I will think of him, and then I feel like grabbing the nearest weapon. Sigh... Why did it have to turn out this way?

More importantly, where the hell did he come from? I don't think she knew him before last semester's holiday break. Yet she knew me right from the start of last semester. Of course, duration accounts for nothing in this case. I mean, it would have be more bearable if they were long time friends, but this random dude just came in from nowhere and snatched the girl? wtf?

I really don't wanna sound like a sore loser. But I think in this case, "sore" is a super understatement of the situation. Something closer to excruciating, would describe it alot better. Sore loser I am not. A sore loser would constantly try to spite them and do random things just to irritate him. I regard myself as a Knight. I live by a certain code of honour, a bushido if you will. I would never do such petty things.

Rather, I shall be forever waiting on the sidelines, waiting for the opportunity. Because from my initial assessment of him, I can guarantee that he is unable to provide for her. He just isn't capable enough. To put it straight., he was never competing on the same level as me to begin with. The reason he won, was sheer dumb luck, a little blind guts, and with some dirty tricks, that's all.

And so, I honestly expect him to mess up sooner or later. And when he does mess up, I just want her to know that I will always be available by her side, ready to be that knight in shining armour, to save the princess.

Cliche. But true.

No comments:

Post a Comment